Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's ok, it's so nice...

...It's just another day in paradise. Jason & I love this Phil Vassar song. It talks about how being married & having kids can be crazy sometimes, but there's no place he'd rather be. That sums up how I feel. I went back to work on Monday. I'm only working two days. Thank God my bosses approved that because I wouldn't want to be away from the kids any more than that. Sean & Evie are so awesome and we've gotten into a good routine. Never thought this mommy thing would suit me so well!!

Daddy went up north with Puppa last week, so Grandma stayed with us for 4 days. Sean was in his glory. He missed daddy & talked to him often on the phone, but he loves when Grandma stays the night. He told me that daddy & I could go up north next and he could stay with Grandma. I asked where Evie would go and he said she could go up north too. :) Grandpa Jim comes over almost every day I'm off work to do whatever Sean wants to do. Are you seeing a pattern here with Sean and his grandparents? Grandpa Jim got into a freezing cold pool last week because Sean decided he wanted to go swimming. Pools when it's cold, parks when it's a hundred degrees...whatever Sean wants!! Last Thursday he went to Grandma Sue & Grandpa Larry's. They've been making Thursdays "movie night" at their house. Popcorn, salami & Toy Story. Sean likes playing with Paiger & Uncle Scott too. We also had visits from Aiden & Liam, Aunt Mary & Scott and Ms. Vicky this week. Sean's quote of the week - ‎"I can't wait until I'm grown up so I can do whatever I want, like pour the milk. I'll tell you one thing I'm not going to do though and that's eat hotter chips!". And, as I'm writing this, he said, "I really like this milk, I mean juice rather." Rather??? His vocabulary blows me away!!

Evie is chunking up!! Very few 0-3 month outfits still fit. Anything with feet she's in 3-6 or 6-9 months. She's still sleeping GREAT!! Most nights 9-10 hrs straight. Amazing! She loves her swing. If she's full and clean, but still crabbing, chances are she just wants to be in her swing. She also likes to sit in her bouncer, watch me do dishes or make dinner and listen to music. We went out to eat with both kids last week for the first time & Evie slept the whole dinner. She's been out to eat three times since and did great those times too. She likes Baby Einstein "Numbers Nursery" just like Sean did. I love when she first wakes up in the morning or from a nap. She's super smiley when anyone talks to her. She's an awesome baby. We were so worried that she'd be a handful, especially since Sean was a pretty good baby. It's hard to believe life felt so full without her. We are blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment