Thursday, August 12, 2010

Everybody Poops

Thanks Grandma, for today's blog title. It's no secret - when you have kids, pooping is not exactly taboo. I'm responsible for making sure Sean & Evie poop regularly. Evie's not a problem at this point, but Sean's struggling. His diet is VERY limited because he's got Jason's genes :) but I make sure he eats raisins, dried cherries & drinks lots of fluids (juice, water). This must've come up last Saturday when Grandma was over because they were talking about it. She mentioned to him that there is a book called "Everybody Poops". They even found a youtube video with a song about it. Tonight, we're stopping on the way home to get the book. Good times...

Last Saturday, me, daddy, Sean & Evie went to visit Great Gram. I was so proud of Sean. He said hi to everyone and didn't whine about being there. I'm sure visiting a nursing home is tough when you're 3, but he did great. Evie was a star too. Everyone loves seeing her there. That afternoon, Scott picked Sean up to take him to Aunt Mary's work party at CJ Barrymores. Grandma, Jackson & Mikey were there too. Sean was hesitant, but loved the go-carts and I heard he was pretty good at the claw machine too. I picked him up from there & we went to Tim & Nichole's to celebrate Caleb's 1st birthday & Jordan's 10th. Sean made me a nervous wreck playing with giant tree branches, but he had a blast! We met Grandma & Evie at our house & hung out until daddy & Puppa finished golfing. On Sunday Jason worked downstairs in the early childhood area of church. After church Sean asked if we could go get a Pet Rock (his new thing). Jason said,"I don't know. While I was taking kids to the bathroom, I heard the teacher say "Sean" a few times, so I don't think you were listening." Quickly Sean replied, "Well, maybe there's another Sean in my class." He's getting too smart for us! Before we went to get his rock, we had lunch with Grandpa Jim & Paiger. That night we gave Evie her first cereal. It was messy, but she loved it. She had been drinking 6 oz of formula each bubba that whole day. She needed sustenance!! On Monday, Aunt Mary & Bella came over work. I was hoping Bella would be a friend for Andy, but Bella wanted nothing to do with her. Andy barked & tried desperately to get her attention, but Bella only begged for food, suprise! Aunt Mary's in denial, but you don't get to be twice your recommended weight NOT overeating! ;) On Tuesday we brought Grandma lunch (and her phone which needs to be strapped to her at all times or she'll leave it places! ;). Sean got to share chicken fries with Emma, the shop dog and Evie pooped. She always poops at my work!! We met Grandpa Jim & his friend Dave at our house for a visit. Sean "sold" them his toys for monkey bucks that he printed with Grandma at her work. Late afternoon our power began to run at about 20%, so we shut everything off & went to Grandma & Puppa's for dinner. We came home & slept in the basement. Daddy & Andy slept upstairs in the sauna! :) Sean loved sleeping downstairs - it was like camping to him. Yesterday morning Evie & Sean hung out with Grandpa Jim while I ran a few errands. Evie was up most of the day. She didn't want me to hold her all the time, but she did want me by her. She'd holler if I left her view! Sean really misses his Dani girl. He tells us (and the ice cream truck lady and the DTE workers) that all the time. Poor baby, he lost his closest friend. :( Tonight Grandma & Puppa are coming over for dinner & then Sean is staying the night at Grandma Sue & Grandpa Larry's. We leave for Pennsylvania tomorrow afternoon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment