Saturday, October 30, 2010

Freeze Tag

Sometimes I wish I could just freeze the kids where they're at right now. But, if I freezed Evie now, we'd miss out on all the cool stuff I know is coming. And, knowing Sean, eventhough it's hard to believe, I'm sure we haven't seen the best from him yet. So, although time is flying, I guess I'll let it keep going. ;)


I'm not going to try & recap the last couple weeks day by day. I need to get back to blogging weekly. But, I'll try to highlight some things we did & update what's going on with the kids.


The kids are blessed with amazing grandparents. I could write something every day about how often they talk to & see their grandparents. How much their grandparents do for them, how much they love them, how proud they are of them. I know that one day Sean & Evie will read this and although they'll already know the HUGE part their grandparents play in their lives, I want them to know how blessed they are.


Sean amazes us every day. He can write his name, he can write all of his letters, he's eager to know what every word means, he's always asking questions. And, he constantly blows our minds with stuff he says & does. Last night, as we were in the drive thru for an ice cream, he rolled down the back window & said, "Hi!" to the girl getting the ice cream. She laughed & said hi. He told us that he didn't say hi to the girl who took our order, so he thought he'd say hi to that girl. He talks to everyone & probably makes a lot of people's day! Last Saturday, we walked into church & one of the greeters said, "Hi Sean. Wow you've really gotten tall!". He replied, "Well, that's because I turned 4, did you know that? I got a baby sister. Did you meet my baby sister? Her name is Evie Loretta." The greeter said, "How old is your baby sister?" and Sean, without missing a beat said, "She's 4 months." I couldn't believe it. I thought for sure he'd say zero or ask me for the answer, but no. He knew. We went to the cidermill with his teachers & the kids from his class. I also got to be a part of his Harvest Party at school. I love watching him interact with his "peers". He's a really good boy. Another cool thing and he'll probably say I'm crazy one day for writing this, but he only wants me when he has to poop. I love it. I love hearing, "No, I want my mumma to help me." We sit & tell stories & laugh. It's some of the best time we spend together. I don't want to forget it because one day, he'll shut the bathroom door, want his privacy & not want my help. For now, I'll take advantage of the time he wants to spend with me, even if it's while he's on the toilet. ;) He loves being read to. We read 3-5 books a day, sometimes the same book 2 or 3 times.

Evie is really changing. On 10/11, she rolled over from her back to her belly for the first time. Tonight, she rolled from her back to her belly & then to her back again for the first time. She just kept rolling until she hit something. She won't sit still! Kind of makes me miss immobile baby! She wiggles constantly, always wanting to jump & walk. She'll growl at you or scream if she's not getting her way. I didn't think this started at 5 months. ;) She's always been stingy with her laughs out loud, but recently she's been laughing at everything. I love that sound! She still loves to be danced with, mostly to Billy Joel songs. :)

We had a great Halloween weekend. Paige spent the night on Friday & we carved pumpkins. We made chili for Chili Fest at Maranatha & Paige's Delicious Chili took 3rd place! We had small group on Saturday night. Sunday we went to church & then Sean went bowling. He got to dress up in his costume & trick-or-treat there. We went out to Uncle Mike & Aunt Nicole's for trick-or-treating that night. Grandma, Puppa, Grandpa Jim, Aunt Mary & Scott were there too. Andy got to come with us this year. She was a butterfly. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment