Monday, May 16, 2011

What's next? College?

I'm trying not to get emotional about the fact that Sean graduates from preschool on Friday. I mean, it's just preschool, right? They did Spring (if that's what you call this season we're in ;) pictures at school & there's one of Sean in his graduation cap. It's crazy to think he's going to start Kindergarten in the fall. He's growing up so fast. He's always amazed us with what he knows and does and says, but he just seems so grown up lately. Every time I tell him he's growing up, I say I'm sad and make a face or whine. He says, "Why do you do that every time? You know I have to grow up!". I know, but I don't have to like it. I cherish times when he wants to hug or cuddle or love on me. Like last night. He was laying down, watching tv in his bed. I went in his room to hang up some clothes & he said, "Umm, next time you come in here & you don't have stuff in your hands, can you cuddle me a little bit?". :) Makes my heart smile!!

We had a great Easter. The day before we dyed eggs with Grandpa Jim & Grandma. Evie wasn't allowed to have real eggs because she likes to throw things. All of her plastic eggs ended up on the floor. We went to an Easter egg hunt at Mrs. Kim's house that afternoon. That night, Sean & Evie wrote letters to the Easter Bunny. Sean's said, "Happy Easter Jesus is Alive". :) Easter morning, Sean & I woke up before Daddy & Evie. We tried to be quiet as we read the letter from the Easter Bunny. Then we walked into the living room & heard a hide-and-seek egg, so Sean started looking for it. With the egg was his basket too. Not long after he found the baskets, Evie popped up & monkey crawled to her basket. She loved pulling everything out & looking through her basket with Sean. We went to church & then out to Uncle Mike's house for an Easter egg & basket hunt & dinner with Grandma, Puppa, Aunt Mary, Uncle Mike, Aunt Nicole & the kids. We left there & headed to Grandma Sue & Grandpa Larry's house. It was a long, fun filled day.

On 04/21, Sean had his first flag football practice. His coach's name is Mr. Mike & his team is the Vikings. Sean's not very aggressive, so we've found that his best positions are center & quarterback. His first game was 05/01. It was cold & drizzly, but Sean did great. He was the quarterback on a play that ended in a touchtown. His next game was on Mother's Day, 05/08. It was sunny & 75 degrees. Perfect football game weather (from the stands at least ;). His next game was supposed to be 05/15, but it was super cold & rainy all day and not enough kids showed up to play a game. He's on a good team with a great group of boys who are nice to each other. Connor's on his team too! Not sure yet if football is their thing, but we just want them to listen to their coaches, be nice to their teammates & have fun. Daddy has been able to be on the field to help the coaches at both games. A true test of Daddy's patience, but he's great with the kids.

My Mother's Day was awesome. I was treated to some of my favorite things, including strawberry & banana crepes. Daddy made me a Vikings t-shirt with an iron on transfer. It was plain, other than the Vikings logo, so Sean decorated it for me. It says, "Sean's Mom" and "Go Go Go Sean" and "I love the Vikings". I love it. :) We had lunch at Olga's & went to Sean's game. Grandma, Puppa, Grandpa Jim, Grandpa Larry & Grandma Sue were all there to cheer on their guy. Evie enjoyed spending time with them in the stands too. Our neighbor & Sean's friend Kiara lost her father on Easter, so she's been spending some extra time with us. We pick her up from the bus stop on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Sean loves having her over. She came with us to the game too.

Sean came home from school with a bruise above his eye last week. I asked him how he got the "shiner". From then on he referred to it as his "shiny". We sent Grandma a picture of his eye & she said it made her sad. He said, "I know it does. It's serious!". Sean & Daddy's new thing is to play Wii. They've been working on Donkey Kong Country Returns and finally beat it yesterday. This was a BIG accomplishment in our house. Sean & Daddy got to go fishing on Saturday. Puppa went with them & caught most of the fish. But, Sean caught the biggest. He came home & said, "I'm little, but I did a big thing. Just like David & Goliath!". LOVE him. He's a precious, smart, compassionate, loving, amazing little boy. But, he's still a little boy. We're working on NOT whining. My least favorite thing to hear is, "How long until we..." and "But that's a long time!!!". I really don't like, "But I never get to..." These are fighting words in my book. Today, Sean got on the yellow light at school. The first time he's had any disciplinary action taken at school. I asked him why he was moved to yellow & he said he didn't make wise choices and he didn't follow the rules. I asked him what rule he broke. His reply was, "You don't get moved to yellow if you just break one rule, you have to break a lot." Didn't do much to help his case. I thought Daddy was going to die from laughter at the dinner table when Sean told him, "Now, you're not gonna want to hear this & I just don't know why I did it, but I started biting." I guess it was fake biting or just making the motion with his mouth, but he was being distracting & not listening to his teachers. Hopefully he redeems himself next time he's there. If not, we may have to take away the wii...

Evie Loretta...where to begin... We thought she was going to get her eye teeth before any others came in. But, 2 weeks ago, I heard her grinding her teeth, which is impossible when you only have 2 on the bottom. So, I felt her gums & her 2 front top teeth had broken through. So, she has 4 teeth now and I'm not sure when the top ones broke through. She's taken 2-3 steps at a time for a couple weeks now, but last Thursday she started taking 4-5 steps at a time. Now, she's officially walking. Yesterday I watched her walk from the couch to the tv and then into the kitchen. Along with her new found mobility comes a new found curiosity. She likes to go on the landing & play with shoes. She likes to open cupboards & pull things out of the garbage. She's even tasted some dog food. Yuck! Her favorite foods are yogurt, bananas, puffs, yougurt melts, toddler cheese puffs, turkey & green beans. I thought she liked peas, but when I put some on her tray tonight, she refused to eat them. I tried to put one in her mouth & she spit it out. She tried to put one in my mouth, I refused & then she threw it at me. She is sassy! She whines. Like real whining, as if she's mimicking the whine Sean does. She's starting to mimick a lot. If you try to take something out of her hands, watch out. She screams & throws up her arms. Sean thinks it great when she gives us the "stink eye". Such attitude at such a young age! We joke that she's German because she yells a lot when she talks & says, "NIGH NIGH!". She always has a lot to "say". She absolutely adores Sean. She claps & waives & smiles & screams as soon as she sees him. Tonight, during her bath, Sean kept crawling in the bathroom like he was Donkey Kong. I've never heard Evie laugh harder. Her ears have really become an issue. She's on infection #7 since January, so we're scheduled to see the ENT in a couple weeks. She loves to sleep & does great in her crib, so you know her ears are really bothering her when she's up a lot through out the night. I can't believe that she'll be 1 next week. I'm switching my work days to spend her birthday with her. We're planning to have lots of fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment